Pages

I was thinking about how I arrived at writing

I was thinking about how I have arrived at writing urban fantasy, romance. 
My books currently available on Amazon kindle and Smashwords, are in this genre. The Seven Spell Saga, has three books and I am currently writing the fourth.
For a long time when I wrote fiction it was so closely linked to real life I wouldn't finish the manuscript, and yet there would be ideas tumbling around in my head for stories that were set in real life but soared off into the realm of fantasy. I began to write them down and suddenly from a few lines there came a series of books.
Life is already strange, and the natural world beautiful, there are places I have visited where I honestly believe I have felt the history and the link to the past that events have imprinted there.
The most attractive part of writing Contemporary Fantasy for me is the permission it gives characters to aspire; I like to be inspired to aspire. It's no surprise that these characters can have superhuman or supernatural abilities.
It's not just about an escape from reality but an adjunct to reality, do we ever have enough time to become kinder, more spiritual, the best we can be? I don't know, but in the words of a central character in my books,
 (Spellbinding,
 from Oliver,

“Think about it, all those years, you could learn so much and do so much.
So many chances to be anything you wanted, well maybe it wouldn’t be quite that easy, but the time would be there to try”.)

Read the first four chapters free on my website http://www.tessastokes.info
find out why and about whom this is said.

No comments:

Post a Comment