Pages

More about Tristan from The Seven Spell Saga

I like to think you can always read between the lines when it comes to knowing about the characters in my books from the way they do things, when we say 'actions speak louder than words,' I think it often is the way actions are carried out that tells us something.Like the tone of voice tells us something, when you are reading it's your own voice and I hope the personality in my characters is visible in their mannerisms.
Here in this small detail in The Seven Spell Saga from Spellbinding the first book, I hope we see Tristan's personality.

Chloe is speaking;

("What I saw was Tristan, even at this distance it was obviously him, he had a special way of standing and moving, that sort of gliding he did, and he ran his hand through the top of his hair which I had seen him do several times since I had met him. He was wearing the leather jacket and jeans but seemed to have boots on that came up his calves.
He stopped and leaned on the tree where I had seen that patch of intense blue flowers when I had walked up that way myself, he was looking down at them. Then he bent and picked one, he was holding it close to his face when he turned and stared straight at my window, well at least this house.
He stood there looking at either my window or the house. For ten minutes, at least, I stood there too, until one of my feet had gone to sleep and I thought I would have a crick in my neck from hiding and being so still and tense. Was he going to come down to the house?")

And in another snippet a further clue to Tristan's character,
Chloe is watching him,
("Tristan put his head up, tears were streaming down his face, his navy blue eyes looked extra blue, and his face was white.“Thank you
Oliver, but I have lived long enough to be able to cry in front of a man as well
as a woman, we can make coffee up here anyhow”. And he smiled through the tears, let out a little sob and shuddered.")


No comments:

Post a Comment