Pages

This weekend we welcome Tristan Dearing from The Seven Spell Saga

Welcome to the blog Tristan and thank you for agreeing to be interviewed.

Before we start I have a question about why on some book covers you appear with your eyes closed, and on others you have them open?
"Oh that's about how I am seeing the reality of the situations we are in and my feelings about Chloe. Funny you should notice I didn't think many people did".  
You look very young in these pictures can you just refresh my memory? How old are you?
The watercolor pictures do wonders for me. I'm 841 years old. Well preserved huh? :-) 

What is the name of the book where we'll find you? Can you tell us a little about it?
" There are six books now where you will find me. The Seven Spell Saga is the name of the series.
It’s YA paranormal romance/urban fantasy. 
The books incorporate real life with all these fantastic things going on between the characters. As the series goes on and a couple of years go by it does get a little steamy in the love scenes.
I could describe the beginning of the saga like this really, Chloe is eighteen when she moves with her family from her home in California to an English estate steeped in history, that’s where I currently live. 
Her father has bought a restaurant tourist complex there. She gets caught up in the mystery surrounding me. She’s out one day exploring the massive grounds of the estate she's living on and she stumbles across me. I do try to keep myself apart from Chloe until she uncovers my secret. 
We are instantly attracted to each other, and later as we become friends she introduces me to another guy she meets, Oliver Tarrant, which means eventually we are all three good friends. The thing is Oliver and I both love Chloe.
We do work together to save each other from the 800 year old magic spell which threatens to destroy me forever in books one and two.
The books involve, magic, time travel and an epic love story.
As the series of books progresses it spans about three years, and we do have a lot of adventures. Chloe falls in love with Oliver and with me. That’s hard at times and in book four I very nearly drive her away, but we get together again, and all seems well until the latest book, book six.
Chloe is twenty, Oliver is twenty-one and I am---- well I just told you that. We are almost used to the magic that keeps cropping up in our lives and since I saved their lives, and then Chloe saved me, we have developed some special abilities. Something very strange happens to set the scene for the final two books in the series, Bartholomew Pike’s Spell Book, is book six , which was released in June and then book seven in December, is called 'An ending and a Beginning'."

 What do you think of the author? Be honest. We won't tell.
 
"I’m certain you will tell but I don’t care anyway. She’s great. I think she really likes us three, me, Oliver and Chloe because she gives us all chance to talk, starting in book four, and she gives us all chance to really explore our feelings. She’s been committed to us so that we grow, and develop, and certainly Chloe and Oliver get to grow up, mature, and re-define their lives by the end of the series so I think that’s cool. She has let us show our love for each other with lots of romantic moments in the books, so that’s good of her."


 How do you feel about the story you're in?

 "The story is a lot about me and my history. It allows me to find things out about my family and past that have been kept from me. It gives me love and friendship. I have some very cool things happen so I really like it. It’s a love story, and about friendship and how people grow. It's a story about magic and time travel and really what people do for love".

 Do you like being a character in the books?

"I enjoy the freedom of being a character in these books because I do have a lonely existence until Chloe comes along and starts to tell my story. I enjoy having more friends and openness in my life."

 How do you see your future? Without giving anything away about the story, naturally. What do you know about your author's plans? Can we expect to see you in any future stories?
 
"I’m in this for the long haul because the author likes me and because I am a principal character. I feature strongly in book six and seven; there is also a spin off in the pipeline at the moment. There will be more books about each character, or a couple after the saga has ended, because it sets us up for the next few hundred years or so of our lives. In book six just released, we all start to think about what we will do in life and then book seven consolidates that. I can’t say too much as it will give the plot away."

Let's say they make a movie about these books. Who do you want to play you, and why?

"That’s so hard to answer.
For two reasons, I want to play me LOL and I don’t know many actors. Also I think it might be hard to find someone enough like me for the author not to just say well you do it Tristan LOL
Seriously, I can’t answer. I suppose if it were to happen the author better sit in on the casting and make the decision as she knows exactly what I look like, all my mannerisms and what I sound like."

Tell us three things you really love and please don't include people.

"I love horses, and animals in general.
I never get to say much about this but I love the sea.
I love the countryside.
Can I have one more?"
Yes okay,
"Apples, I love apples, music, and swords, I love swords too" (smiles). 


You know that's more than three things don't you?
(Smiles again) "I love so many things, after all 800 years is a long time to fall in love with the beautiful things in life."

    


No comments:

Post a Comment