Pages

This weekend I welcome Felicia Tatum to the blog



A big welcome to Felicia Tatum who is putting the finishing touches to her YA urban fantasy romance

 Hi Felicia, tell us something about yourself,

Born and raised in Tennessee.I am a lover of books. I have a four year old daughter and she is my life. I want to do something in this world that touches other people, whether that be writing or just a kind deed.  I’ve always had a love for writing. I can remember carrying around a notebook in junior high, writing stories in history class. By the time I was a junior in high school, poetry was my escape for everything. I loved it and I never felt more me than when I was writing. I got a little lost along the way and steered away from my creative side, but this past May, I found it again. I started The White Aura on May 2, 2012 and I’m getting close to finishing it.
A big part of the story is that Scott and Olivia actually meet in her dreams. I did this because the idea for the book came to me in a dream. I decided it must mean something and just went with it. I absolutely love that I’m writing again and I really hope others enjoy my story.
I just want to say something out there to other writers…I love you all. The author community is amazing and I have received so much support from so many of you. I appreciate you all and I wish I had time to read every single one of your books.

Find Felicia online:





The White Aura….



How do you live with the gut clenching truth that the one you love will die if you meet them? Twenty year old sorcerer Scott Tabors is learning how. After seeing seventeen year old Olivia Whitehead outside of a coffee shop, his heart will never be the same. He longs for her, he wants her, and he knows she will be his. They are heart mates. …but due to a curse on his family, he can’t meet her. Not yet.  So for now, he visits her in her dreams. Her dreams where he can tell her everything but his name.
Olivia Whitehead is a typical junior in high school. She and her best friend are having the time of their lives, but she can’t help but notice the changes happening to her.  Especially the changes in her heart after she begins dreaming about a mysterious dark haired young man. But what will happen when the school heartthrob decides he wants Olivia? Will she realize the dream man is real or will she move on? 

Excerpt:
(This is one of Olivia’s dreams)

I’m outside. The moon is high and glowing, there are trees all around. This is a new location. I look around for Mr. Sexy, but I can’t see him anywhere, it’s too dark. Looking around, I realize this place is familiar. Wait…I’m in the field I was day dreaming about earlier. The soft green grass is like silk between my toes. There are yellow daisies everywhere. Trees line the perimeter, it’s almost like I’m in a box. I’m wearing my shorts and cami, but I’m not cold. The wind is blowing just enough to ruffle my hair. “Hello?” I call timidly. Nothing. It’s completely silent out, not even birds are chirping. I glance around and walk forward. My arms are wrapped around the front of me, not for warmth, but for comfort. I know I’m dreaming, but this is still kind of weird. I see a deer to my left, just watching me. She’s beautiful and majestic. She starts to come towards me the moment I wish I could pet her. My hand slowly reaches out and touches her course coat. Huge brown eyes look into mine, there’s no fear. “You’re beautiful,” I whisper. “So are you,” a deep voice says from behind me. I turn violently, scaring the deer off into the trees. Mr. Sexy is standing five feet in front of me. Jeans and a fitted white t-shirt clothe his fit body.
“You’re here.”
“Of course I am, where else would I be?”
“I thought…well I wasn’t sure if this was our dream or just mine.”
“It’s ours Livvie, it’s ours. Always ours.”
“Can I know your name or do I need to keep calling you Mr. Sexy in my mind?”
“Keep calling me Mr. Sexy, I like that.”
The completely adorable grin on his face is too much for me and I take three steps and jump in his arms.
“I want to meet you in person, assuming you’re real, that is.”
“You will. It’s…complicated. But Livvie…you have to be careful. You could be in danger.”
I slide down his body, standing again.
“Danger?”
“Yes. I can’t tell you much, but just be careful. With people at school and in town…”
I’m guessing he let his voice trail off for a reason.
“Any specific person, Mr. Sexy?”
“Yes, of course. But I can’t tell you any more Livvie. It could put you in even more danger, love.”
“Can you tell me what kind of danger? What I should look for? Signs or something…”
“I’ll try. This may be difficult to believe, but I’m a sorcerer Livvie. I have powers, it’s how I meet you in your dreams.”
I think he’s stopping to gauge my reaction. His eyes are cast down and his hands are fidgeting. He reached up and ran his long fingers through the silky black hair.
“I told you before that I would have to wait to tell you everything, but I’m just going to tell you. If…well if something happens, it won’t matter anyway.”
I reach up and put my hand on his cheek. He leans his head in and the look he gives me makes my insides melt.
“Go ahead Mr. Sexy.”
“There are evil sorcerers out there and I think one may be after us. I can’t meet you in person yet because a long time ago, a curse was set on my family. If we meet the one we love before they are 17 and six months, they will die on their 18th birthday. I can’t meet you just to lose you Livvie. Do you understand?”
His eyes dart between mine, searching for understanding. What do I say to that?
“So…you meet me and I’ll die. You don’t meet me and I could still die because an evil sorcerer is out there and could possibly harm me… or you… or us.”
This is not good.
“Livvie, I don’t want you to worry ok? I will take care of it. I’m going to fix the problem. And in October, we will finally meet. I’m so in love with you Livvie. I also have other powers. Sometimes…sometimes I come and check in on you. Just to make sure you’re ok and I really, really hope you don’t think I’m creepy for doing that.”
He really does love me.
“It’s not creepy, Mr. Sexy. It’s kind of romantic, I mean, this sexy guy is so in love with me that he visits me in my dreams and checks on me during the day. Wait…why have I never saw you checking on me?”
I know I would notice him lurking around.
“Well, it’s not my body, it’s just my spirit. Kind of like these dreams, it’s just my spirit now too.”
His spirit. Well I really like his spirit.
“Sit with me?”
He smiles and sits down in the grass. We lay on our backs, staring up at the sky.
“It’s so beautiful out here. Did you know that I was day dreaming about nature today?”
“No, but I can tap into your wants, and this is where the dream led us. I have to admit, this place is gorgeous. I’m glad you wanted it tonight.”
I turn over to look at him. His face glowing, his dark hair shining in the moonlight. His facial features are strong, he’s very manly. His skin is darker than mine, but just a few shades. Maybe he spends a lot of time outside.
“What do you do Mr. Sexy? Do you have a job?”
“Kind of. I help out my grandma on the weekends. I study some college courses too. I haven’t decided what I want to do with my life, but I know I want you there with me.”
Can he get any more perfect?
“What classes are you taking?”
“A couple of basics, math and English, and a couple of art classes. I like to paint a lot and I think learning more about it would be fun.”
“An artist…makes you even sexier.”
He laughs. His laugh is heavenly, deep and contagious.
“I’ve painted you, Livvie. Quite a few times actually.”
“Can I see?”
“Mmmhmm…I’ve already left you one. It’s under your bed.”
“How do you do that?” I giggle as I say it.
“I’m a sorcerer, and a sexy one at that!”
We both laugh. We’re holding hands, his hand bigger and much stronger than mine. His fingers are strong and the skin is rough, but he holds my hands tenderly, like he’s afraid he may hurt them if he doesn’t treat them like something small and delicate. However, our hands fit together perfectly. He looks at me and kisses me. Not a passionate kiss like we usually share, but a soft, loving kiss. Full of promise and hope.
“I have to go now, Livvie. It’s almost time for you to wake up.”
“Already? Why does our time feel so…so short?”
“I don’t know Livvie, but be careful. Please watch out for yourself. I’ll be watching out for you as well. And I’m researching the evil sorcerer. I will defeat him and we will be safe, love.”
He gives me one last kiss and he’s gone. I see the deer just as everything fades from my mind. She’s just watching me from the edge of the woods.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome, awesome, AWESOME!!! Great post Felicia and I'm excited to have gotten a chance to read an excerpt from your book finally! Sounds like an exciting story. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete