Pages

Welcome to Tracy Kauffman young adult and childrens author




Tracy Kauffman is a Christian fiction author of Young Adult and Children Stories.  She grew up in North Alabama, where she still resides with her husband and daughter.  She loves taking cruises and traveling with her family.  Her favorite place that she has been to is the Grand Canyon.  
Tracy has an associates degree in Nursing.  She is a registered nurse and works part time in a local nursing home.  The rest of the time she spends her time writing books and marketing them.  Tracy started writing poetry at a small age and won the title of editor in her school newspaper, when she was in second grade.  She had her first poem published in a online writing contest called, The Cosmetology Student.  She decided to write her first book, Southern Adventures, when her son left home for the Air Force.
She loves writing and hopes to be able to inspire her readers into living a happy healthier life.  She feels like her own life experiences have made her a better writer.  Learn more about her by visiting her website or blog.


Welcome to the blog Tracy, 
What books have you brought along to tell us about today? 

My Boyfriend the Squire is a young adult fiction fantasy.  Southern Adventures is a young adult memoir.

Are you working on another book right now?
Yes, I am editing a book called: Southern Attraction.  It is a young adult romance.

What do you enjoy most about writing?
The freedom of having a boss.  The freedom of writing from the comforts of my own home.

What do you like the least?
I would say marketing but have enjoyed meeting new people in the process.

Would you like to see any of your books as movies?
 I think either of these books would be great as a movie.

Can you name any actors you would like to see as the lead characters in your book.
 I think Megan Fox or Lindsay Lohan would be great leading ladies. Then I like  James Marsden and Chad Efron for my leading men.


What things do you like to do to relax?
 I enjoy reading and traveling.  We just got back from a mini vacation in Pensacola Beach.

Do you have another job as well as writing?
 I work part time as a registered nurse at a local nursing home.


If you could have one super power in your existence, what would it be?
Reading people’s minds.


If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?
 On a beach.


What kind of car would you have if money was no object?
 A Lamborghini


What’s your favorite food?
I love Lasagna.

Favorite color?
 Purple

Can you think of a song or piece of music that could be your theme tune? 
Go Tell it on the Mountain.  It is a Christian song.


Just answer these questions as quickly as possible.


Chocolate or vanilla?-----  chocolate

Dog or cat?---- dog

The film or the book?----- book

Jeans or dress? jeans

Beach or Snow resort? beach

Heels or flats? flats

What do you love best about yourself?
Go getter

What do you like least?
Weigh too much.


Do you have anything to share with other authors that might be a help?
 Explore other publishing avenues and don’t give up.

Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?
 Read my books, I know you will love them.

Can you share one of your favorite parts of one of the books?


This is from the end of my book: Southern Adventures.

            As Kay looked at the last photo in her album, she remembered her life and the trials that she overcame, she knew that everything worked out for the best. She remembered every second about having her two children. The times when Leah had seizures, and the fear she had. She remembered her days at Fort Gunner when she lived in Texas and how she had made friends that she would cherish forever. She remembered her childhood in Harvest. She wished that she could return to that time in her life. Many days had passed since she lived in Rolling Springs. Those were some of the happiest times of her life. Her only worries back then were making friends. She could play outside all day and not have to worry about anything. She appreciated that her sisters and her parents were all together. Kay loved every recollection of her childhood.     
Kay remembered times when she had prayed and asked God for certain things in her life. She suddenly felt comforted. She was glad that he left some prayers unanswered. Oh, what kind of life would she have had, if she received everything she wanted. She knew that she would not have met her wonderful husband. She would not have two wonderful children. She would not have graduated from college and became a nurse.
            She felt very blessed by her life. She felt thankful for those unanswered prayers. She cried tears of joy. She enjoyed living her life, every second of it. She felt at peace. There was not one thing in her life that she regretted. She knew that all the bad things made the good things better. They molded her into the person that she was. She was happy and content with her life. Kay became tired, and so she closed the photo album and fell asleep.


Find …Southern Adventures..online:

Amazon:
Barnes and Noble

Books a Million





On her way to see her brother in Italy, Lucinda is transported back in time to
the Middle Ages. There she is mistaken for a young princess named Grace.
King Charlemagne has done something to the princess and his wife, Countess Hildegarde. The countess has been turned into a tiger because of a magic wish by the king. The countess prays for deliverance of herself and her daughter. Lucinda was brought back in time from Alabama to help the countess, since she is the spitting image of Princess Grace.
Lucinda meets a squire training for knighthood and falls for him. The Countess tells them that they must travel far to find a magical box. After freeing the king’s hold over Hildegarde and her daughter grace. Lucinda travels back to the plane, but misses Chadwick.  She is happy to see her brother Caleb and his friend. Chad who looks just like the squire.   They become closer as they see the sights of the city. Will Lucinda fall in love with Chad or be reunited with her true love? They live happily ever after, or do they?

Excerpt

Chapter Four
The next day, Lucinda was awakened by the sun shining in the window. She opened her eyes and regained her vision to see that she was still in the castle. She didn’t know whether to be excited or disappointed. She was startled by a knock at the door.
“It’s I, Princess Grace. Chadwick.”
She put on her robe and hurried to the door. She opened it slightly to peek her head out.
“Give me a minute to get dressed, and I will meet you in the chapel.”
She closed the door behind her and quickly changed her clothes. Princess Grace’s clothes fit her like a glove. She must have had the same figure as the princess. What other reason would the clothes fit so perfectly? She walked at a fast pace down the hall and down the stairs to where the chapel was. 
“Hello, Princess Grace,” Chadwick said as he bowed.
“Would you stop that? You know I’m not she,” Lucinda said with a smile.
“I’ve got a surprise for you today,” he said as he gave her a kiss on the cheek.
Lucinda was enthusiastic about the idea that she had a boyfriend---one who came with a surprise for the day.
“What is it? I love surprises,” she said excitedly.
“All right. First sit down.”
After she took a seat, he finished his thought. “I’m going to take you to a celebration. It is a jousting competition for nobles, and knights. You are going to be my guest at the tournament. Or we might need to say, I will be your guest at the tournament. After all, my lady, you are the princess.  That way we can get better seats.”
“A real jousting competition, that sounds like a hoot. I’m in. What type of clothes do I need to wear?” she asked.
“Your dress is perfect. Keep in mind, though, it may become gory. These knights fight to win, either by dismemberment or killing. They are serious,” he explained.
“What time does it start?” she asked.
“Soon, so let’s get going” he replied. He took her hand and hurried down the hall to the front gate.
“I will have to follow you the rest of the way. You are nobility and I am merely your servant today. Don’t worry, I’ll show you the way,” he pointed toward the cobblestone path that led out of the castle grounds.
On the way, they decided to take a shortcut through a fascinating garden. Once inside the garden, they faced a large white tiger coming toward them.
“Don’t move, my lady.  She might charge towards you,” Chad said as he held his hand to block Lucinda.
The tiger walked slowly toward her as if she were on the prowl. Her teeth shone brightly and her eyes beamed yellow from the sun.
“Who are you? You don’t belong in my yard,” she snarled.
“Hello. I’m Princess Grace and this is my castle,” Lucinda said with a quavering voice.
“Ha. Ha. This is not your castle and you are not Princess Grace,” she growled.
“Why do you not think I am Princess Grace?” she asked.
“Princess Grace looks nothing like you, and she talks nothing like you. You are some imposter. You are lucky I’m in a good mood. I would have eaten you by now,” she meowed.

“Can you tell me your name? My name is Lucinda and this is my friend, Chadwick,” she said.
“I’m Charla. The king put me in this garden about a year ago.”
“Oh, that makes sense, Charla after Charlemagne. So nice to meet you, Charla.”
“Well it is about time. I was waiting for someone to be nice to me,” she purred. “Where are you two headed?”
“We are heading to the jousting competition. We have to hurry, but we will come talk to you again,” Chad said as he motioned for Lucinda to move toward the left.
“You better come see me. I don’t have any friends and I will be lonely out here,” she purred.
Chad and Lucinda hurried to the tournament so they wouldn’t be late.
“What do you make of the talking tiger?” Chad asked. “I don’t know, but nothing seems to amaze me here,” Lucinda replied. As they arrived, Lucinda stopped to take in the view.
Several knights were lining up to be placed in an order. Peasants were feeding the horses and brushing their manes. One young damsel came and showed them to their seats. She bowed and returned to usher others to their seats.
“Wow, I feel special here. So nice to sit on a throne. At least, it feels like a throne up here. Why do those people have to stand down there?” she asked. 
“Those people are peasants and you are nobility. Only people of noble blood are allowed up here, unless they are a personal servant to your majesty, such as I am playing.”
“Chad, explain this sport to me. I’ve seen fake tournaments before. But this is really different.  What is this competition all about?”
“Jousting is a sport of true courage. It requires a knight and faithful horse. The knights gallop toward each other at a fast pace. Then, when they are close enough, they point their lance and try to knock off the other rider. Only the bravest knights in the land come and compete. I hope I can be one of them someday.”
“I believe you will be a great knight one day. I just fear I won’t be able to see it, especially if I find my way home,” she responded. Trying not to cry, Lucinda glanced at him and then back to the knights lining up to start the competition.
The competition had a total of twenty knights forming ten matches. Each knight was dressed in a full coat of armor, a shield, and a long lance for his weapon. The horses had their own special attire. They were dressed in a cloth similar to the knight’s colors. It covered the horse from head to tail. 
Lucinda was glad she was able to see the real thing, although two knights lost their lives and four were injured at the competition. As she watched the judges announce the winners and hand out their tokens, peasants and damsels walked in front of her, bowing. She heard someone yell, “God save the King!” King Charlemagne wasn’t in attendance, which brought some relief to Lucinda. She was afraid he would be watching her every move.
 

Find ..My Boyfriend the Squire online:
Amazon:

Books a Million
http://www.booksamillion.com/p/My-Boyfriend-Squire/Tracy-Kauffman/9781622124190?id=5437765476804

1 comment: